Binational doctorate: the co-tutoring of thesis
One subject, two universities. Within Eucor – The European Campus, several forms of doctoral supervision work side by side: the classical form, the national or international doctorate with double supervision, the European doctorate and the binational doctorate called co-tutoring of thesis. The latter aims to intensify international cooperation in research by strengthening the mobility of doctoral candidates. It enables, unlike other types of doctorate, to obtain a doctorate degree from two universities at the same time, based on a single thesis and a single exam, approved by the thesis tutors of the two universities concerned.
Doctoral candidates have the same rights in member universities as in their home university (access to online services, restaurants and university residences, special rates in transport, mobility scholarships, borrowing from libraries, etc.). The interdisciplinary offer of the European Campus universities in terms of courses is also open to them (the number of places may be limited).
- GRACE, University of Basel
- International Graduate Academy, University of Freiburg
- Collège doctoral, universities of Strasbourg and Haute-Alsace
- Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists, Karlsruher Institute of Technology
Doctoral candidates can also benefit from the existing networks between the member universities of the European Campus.
Cross-border doctoral colleges
In addition to the co-tutoring of thesis, Eucor – The European Campus also has cross-border doctoral colleges, which offer the possibility of a structured cross-border doctorate:
- Soft Matter Science
- Hermann Paul School of Linguistics
- Joint Doctorate NeuroTime
- Hybrid Organic Inorganic Nanostructures and Molecular Electronics
- Rechtsvergleichung im öffentlichen Recht angesichts der europäischen Integration
- Enzyme reactivities and their applications
Finally, Eucor – The European Campus has developed a state-of-the-art doctoral programme for the best young international researchers in the field of quantum sciences. More information about this on the QUSTEC project page.